Sunday 13 May 2012

Utter uselessness


Hmm, well I knew it wouldn’t last....
The last two days have been utterly useless, and I’m hoping that by writing this blog post I’ll put some kind of line under it and just get on with things. For some reason I was kind of overtaken by a blind panic about finishing this opera, and so, logically I just decided to sleep for most of the day yesterday, and so far today have had to virtually force myself to sit at the piano, but I’ve not really lasted longer than 10 minutes at a time. It’s quite pathetic really. I’ve been unable to print in the last week because of my printer drum needing to be replaced, and me taking ages to order it (because of being inspired and not getting round to doing anything practical). I think psychologically, it’s going to be good to print out the whole score and see how much I’ve done, and how little there is left to do. Such a simple thing, rather stupid really, but I think it might get me going again. So I’m waiting eagerly for the postman to deliver it, hopefully today or tomorrow....
Anyway. Off to play a salsa gig tonight. Perhaps a complete change of musical scene will do me good and get me back on the right track. You always feels so pathetic though, when you waste a few days for no good reason at all, which only results in me having less time to finish something which still has a lot of work to be done on it. Ridiculous. 
Anyway, back to it...!

No comments:

Post a Comment